Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Project 3: Art Gallery, Shop / House


More 'masterpieces' such as this are located in the park opposite Site One and show the strong presence of vandalism in Newtown. This type of graffiti covers a wall that is roughly 50 meters long and sets the scene for my gallery, a kind of legal safe-haven for all street art and its designers.


This graffiti appears on a wall on a street perpendicular to King St and is 2 streets down from Site One. This was the first piece of graffiti I saw and inspired the idea for a graffiti art gallery.


An image of the front of site 1. This helped me understand the relationship between my designs facade and the urban context pf the street.


This is simply an image showing the profile of the neighbouring buildings so I could gauge buildings heights and volumes.


This is the rear of site 1. I liked its relationship with the surrounding buildings and the car park. It created a very raw urban context that worked well with the graffiti concept I uncovered as I walked around Newtown.

No comments: